The Fallen Cycle
Book 1: Party At The World's End
In her hand is a ticket to a party on the rooftops as the cities burn. This is the story of that party, and the pranksters that tried to outrun reality and got branded terrorists in the process.
“A stick of dynamite strapped to reality.” Scenery ZineEarly Reader Reviews:
“Brutal, darkly funny, and, above all, honest.” Powell’s Books ‘Short List’
“Curcio's novels resemble strange and intricate life stories, bubbles of fiction floating in the depths of the collective subconscious. Occasionally they rise to the surface and burst into the conscious mind, releasing dreamscapes where fantasy merges with the mundane. Demigods cavort with goth-punk teenagers. Ambivalent authority figures lord over underground networks. Pseudo-shamanic rituals and sex magick abound.” Reality Sandwich.com interview.
“A counter cultural coming of age story for 20-somethings.”
“…a cautionary tale about revolution and the power of a myth.”
“A deceptively skeptical outsider narrative.”
Words of Traitors
Words of Traitors was a limited edition, full-color short story collection. An emotionally intense, "notebook style" experiment in fictionalizing memories, produced with an international group of artists in the course of 90 days during the successful 2011 IndieGoGo campaign. Some of the short stories in Words of Traitors were adapted along with earlier writings into the first book of Fallen Cycle series.
"Beautiful" David Mack, artist and illustrator. (Kabuki, Daredevil.)
Immanence of Myth
|$30 A4 (oversize) paperback|
Myth's central importance does not end with our art or religions. It is not solely a dusty world of broken clay pots and tablets written in dead languages. Our myths determine how we engage with the world, how we enter into it. How we treat ourselves and one another. Far from being archaic relics of the past, myths will determine our future. Even if we are unaware of them, they will continue to affect us.
This anthology explores the subject of immanent myth from many angles, through articles, essays, and interviews from a variety of people actively engaged in mythic work and research. We must invent our myths—or re-invent them—ourselves. If you haven't already, take this as a wake-up call to join in and become a myth-maker of the 21st century.
- Order from Weaponized
- Or check it out on Amazon.com. ($30 Paperback, $7 Kindle).
- Includes black and white art and conversation with artists including David Mack, Laurie Lipton, Rudy Rauben, S Jenx, David Aronson, and John Harrigan.
- Additional interior art by P. Emerson Williams.
- Featured in curriculum of several philosophy / lit classes at SUNY Binghamton, 2011-2012.
- Read a free sample on Scribd.
Apocalyptic Imaginary: Best of Modern Mythology 2011
|$11 7"x10" paperback.|
- eBook available on Smashwords. ($2.99)
- First edition in print ($18) and kindle ($2.99) formats Jan 2012.
- Featured in curriculum of "the Apocalypse of Love," and "Cutup and In Dividuality," two 200 level classes at SUNY Binghamton, 2012.
- Read a free sample on Scribd.
DisinformationLongtime contributor to the Disinfo website, as well as one of their published anthologies (Generation Hex.)
The Nervous BreakdownRead some of James' essays and non-fiction on the popular literary site The Nervous Breakdown.
Read some of James' essays on Reality Sandwich, a well known psychedelic and evolving conscious site.
Hillbilly TantraEssay published in Immanion Press' Magic On The Edge anthology about the basic sexual premises of tantra, framed in a modern way, stripped of religious ideology. (2004)
Read the PDF.
- Cult of Personality: Charlie Sheen, Layne Stayley, Tiger Blood In Our Veins A hard look at the marketing of mental breakdown.
- Living Your Myth. Suicide, ego, identity and myth.
- Questions Towards A Philosophy Of Gaming looking at the connection of gaming, myth, and marketing.
- Cut To The Chase: Eating, Fucking and Dying expanding on and breaking down the duality of sex and death.
- Media And Monetizing The container a look at the condundrum facing artists, writers, publishers, and labels.
- Interviews: Drawing Outside The Lines, James interviews acclaimed comic artist and writer David Mack.
- Wake Up Neo: There Is No Counterculture, You Twit
- First Fridays: Phoenix Gonzo journalism in Pheonix.
- First Fridays: The Ghosts of the Ellen Powell Tiberino Museum Gonzo journalism in West Philly
- Deep Puddle Dynamics: Alex Grey's CoSM Gonzo journalism at Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors.
- Interviews: Collide Interview with kaRIN and statiK of Collide about their new album, and working with Danny Carey of Tool.
- Interviews: Keys To Success: Interview with Amanda Palmer of Dresden Dolls about coming up as an indie band, and how to keep at it.