Fiction books & Transmedia
FALLEN NATION: Party At The World's End
|$12 A5 paperback|
Fallen Nation: Party At The World’s End is a mad ride past the event horizon of sanity with a group of young, escaped mental patients that come to realize—or believe—that they are demigods.This is the beginning of a modern mythology that spills off the page: the ticket to the Party At The World's End is inside, if you dare to search for it. It starts right here, but it won't end here—
They form Babylon, a band that captures the spirit of the age as sex, drugs, and chaos reign in the final years of the American Empire.
- An urban fantasy novel, order it now as an eBook or paperback.
- Read a free sample chapter on Scribd.
- Related audio miscellanery. (Music, audio theater, etc.)
The Words of TraitorsThe Words of Traitors: 7 Lives in Transition
Hope and faith, sex and death, excess and deprivation, loss. An illustrated collection of treacherous memories. These dark modern fairy tales will stick with you long after you've put the book down.
"Beautiful!" -David Mack, (Kabuki, Daredevil, Dexter.)
$30 full color art book 8" x 10" 118 pgs
$5.99 PDF ebook.
Full color art by an international collection of artists. These stories tie into many of the other myths and ideas in other Mythos Media books, albums, etc. while at the same time standing on their own.
The art created around this project (some of which appears in the book) became the source for a travelling art show, which was featured at 5 venues in Philadelphia throughout 2013.
CITIZEN Y: The Blueprint of a Ritual Experience
|$15.00 Royal paperback|
There is a secret that haunts Haze01, the original treatment facility. Two patients, locked deep within its walls, contain archetypes that reject all reprogramming. They channel portents and omens of another future, a world where myth and divinity remake reality, manifesting a planet fit for Gods.In this season of the Y show, the doctors of the facility make their final attempt to process these two patients, before they break free and unleash total anarchy. Tune in.
Order paperback with black and white concept art and deleted scenes.
"Weaponized cast" for the Citizen Y mythology.
|$8.88 A5 paperback|
Adam Jones was living the life: good job, sweet girlfriend (a redhead to boot), car, house. But in just one year, he will be incarcerated for participation in a vast terrorist conspiracy.Written off the headlines, this modern myth blurs the lines between fiction and reality.
It all started with Bradley the Buyer, calling him from the annals of their sordid past. Bradley, a first-rate freak and self-proclaimed criminal mastermind. Maybe it was boredom or curiosity, but he took the call.
Soon, Adam is doing "Ops" with his psychotic friend. When a reality prank goes too far, he tries to get out. But it is already too late. There is no way out but through.
By the end, he finds out how deep the rabbit-hole goes, but not before sacrificing his body, soul, and his cozy suburban dream in the process.
A conspiracy novella from the Fallen Nation world.
|Issue 1 $9.99 full color 8" x 10" .|
- Issue 1: provides a view of Nyssa through the eyes of a lonely video store clerk, and hints at what is to come. (Note: Issue 1 is also one of the 7 stories within Words of Traitors.)
- Buy print version (full color) of issue 1 on Amazon for $9.99/
- Issue 2:
In Production with Alexey Andreev!On hold.
- Issue 3: In Pre-production (script), pending Crowdsourced funding.
JOIN MY CULT!
A novel published in 2004 by the original New Falcon press, publisher of Timothy Leary, Robert Anton Wilson, Aleister Crowley, and many other counter-culture figures.
Religions. Philosophies. Advertising campaigns. Gurus. Prozac. All of these drugs are sold as answers to our deepest questions: Why are we here? What truly has meaning?
For a group of adolescents desperately searching for meaning in the bleak McMansion sprawls of Suburban America, these questions are of the essence. When none of the accepted avenues of thought or behavior make sense any longer, they wander into an unknown territory of magick, drug use, and shamanic exploration.
Immanence of Myth
|$30 A4 (oversize) paperback|
Myth's central importance does not end with our art or religions. It is not solely a dusty world of broken clay pots and tablets written in dead languages. Our myths determine how we engage with the world, how we enter into it. How we treat ourselves and one another. Far from being archaic relics of the past, myths will determine our future. Even if we are unaware of them, they will continue to affect us.
This anthology explores the subject of immanent myth from many angles, through articles, essays, and interviews from a variety of people actively engaged in mythic work and research. We must invent our myths—or re-invent them—ourselves. If you haven't already, take this as a wake-up call to join in and become a myth-maker of the 21st century.
- Order from Weaponized
- Or check it out on Amazon.com. ($30 Paperback, $7 Kindle).
- Includes black and white art and conversation with artists including David Mack, Laurie Lipton, Rudy Rauben, S Jenx, David Aronson, and John Harrigan.
- Additional interior art by P. Emerson Williams.
- Featured in curriculum of several philosophy / lit classes at SUNY Binghamton, 2011-2012.
- Read a free sample on Scribd.
Apocalyptic Imaginary: Best of Modern Mythology 2011
|$11 7"x10" paperback.|
- eBook available on Smashwords. ($2.99)
- First edition in print ($18) and kindle ($2.99) formats Jan 2012.
- Featured in curriculum of "the Apocalypse of Love," and "Cutup and In Dividuality," two 200 level classes at SUNY Binghamton, 2012.
- Read a free sample on Scribd.
DisinformationLongtime contributor to the Disinfo website, as well as one of their published anthologies (Generation Hex.)
The Nervous BreakdownRead some of James' essays and non-fiction on the popular literary site The Nervous Breakdown.
Read some of James' essays on Reality Sandwich, a well known psychedelic and evolving conscious site.
Hillbilly TantraEssay published in Immanion Press' Magic On The Edge anthology about the basic sexual premises of tantra, framed in a modern way, stripped of religious ideology. (2004)
Read the PDF.
- Cult of Personality: Charlie Sheen, Layne Stayley, Tiger Blood In Our Veins A hard look at the marketing of mental breakdown.
- Living Your Myth. Suicide, ego, identity and myth.
- Questions Towards A Philosophy Of Gaming looking at the connection of gaming, myth, and marketing.
- Cut To The Chase: Eating, Fucking and Dying expanding on and breaking down the duality of sex and death.
- Media And Monetizing The container a look at the condundrum facing artists, writers, publishers, and labels.
- Interviews: Drawing Outside The Lines, James interviews acclaimed comic artist and writer David Mack.
- Wake Up Neo: There Is No Counterculture, You Twit
- First Fridays: Phoenix Gonzo journalism in Pheonix.
- First Fridays: The Ghosts of the Ellen Powell Tiberino Museum Gonzo journalism in West Philly
- Deep Puddle Dynamics: Alex Grey's CoSM Gonzo journalism at Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors.
- Interviews: Collide Interview with kaRIN and statiK of Collide about their new album, and working with Danny Carey of Tool.
- Interviews: Keys To Success: Interview with Amanda Palmer of Dresden Dolls about coming up as an indie band, and how to keep at it.